When we cultivate our emotional intelligence and self-awareness. When we develop the ability to regulate our emotions that are ever so often unruly and life-diminishing, and transcend our rigid defense mechanisms. We can manifest our innate life-enhancing attributes in our families, work, and society and generate transformative results.
Personal inventory - Journaling Questions
What fills me - Quality of my relationships
▪ From a few years ago to now how are you relating to people in your life?
▪ Has trust increased or declined?
▪ Are people around you more self-protective or less so?
Are you more willing to be there for one another?
▪ What’s the evidence for any of our answers?
What drains me - Fear versus love.
▪ Are either of these emotions coming to dominate as time goes on?
▪ In your life, what role does fear play?
▪ Are you becoming more fearful?
▪ Are you using fear to motivate people?
What values do I hold dear. - Quality of thinking.
▪ Do you consider the future?
▪ How do you want to be remembered?
▪ Has selfishness replaced service?
▪ Do you trust others and do others have trust in you?
▪ Were your values evident in behaviors and the choices you made?
When have I been most fulfilled - Willingness to give.
▪ What makes you feel most alive?
▪ Who makes you feel most alive?
▪ Where do you feel most alive?
▪ Do you value yourself